Participation proposals for the Challenges are closed.
JIEDDO seeks to establish quantifiable metrics that will bring transparency, objectivity, and competition to the warfighter needs. The four counter-IED challenges give robotics system vendors a way to quantitatively distinguish their products.
Challenges are grouped into four areas: endurance, reconnaissance, detect, and disrupt. Each challenge area has required and optional subcomponents. Challenges are not intended to represent a comprehensive exam or test of any kind. Vendors should participate in any challenge where they have strength worthy of JIEDDO attention.
The following links describe the four challenges and how they will be conducted.
- Assessment of robot distance and duration capabilities
- Change-detection and mapping
- Object identification and localization
- Mapping in GPS-denied environment
- Destroy IED trigger devices
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org